BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pictures of Cody with his Family & Friends

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Another Round of Radiation

It's really strange sending Cody and my parents off. Usually I am the one leaving. I have decided to spend the summer in Winnemucca to help out with things and to spend some much needed time with my family. I am so thankful for understanding bosses who have allowed me to try to work remotely for the summer so I can be with my family. 

 The last couple years have been rough and I have had a really hard time living so far away. I hate that I can't just get in the car and drive over. I can't just take my brother to lunch or go to a movie. When I do come home to visit it just never seems long enough. Goodbyes (or see you laters) are getting harder and harder. I have taken so much for granted and have learned to appreciate the small things. As I layed in our parents bed snuggling with my brother yesterday and thought about the week ahead I was so thankful for that moment of just being together even if it was in silence. 

Cody is scheduled for 5 days of radiation at the Hunstman Center in Salt Lake City, UT. The tumors in his neck have been growing rapidly and have started causing a lot of pain and discomfort. The doctors decided that radiation might be the best at this time to try to help shrink the tumors in his lymph nodes. Although radiation shouldn't be as rough this time around (only 5 days as opposed to 3 weeks) it is never something to look forward to and we pray that the side effects are minimal and the benefits are great. First dose of radiation is scheduled for tomorrow for 5 consecutive days. I have decided to stay behind and take care of the house and animals while they are gone. Although it was hard, especially when Cody said he wanted me there. We all decided that it would be better in the long run for me to stay back and take care of the house. It means so much to me that my brother finds my company a comfort and that he doesn't mind me being around even in his darkest hours. It has to be hard to let people see you at your worse even the ones you love and he always tried to put on a brave face and pretend he is ok even when he is feeling like crap. Things are finally starting to wear on him though and he is getting tired of it all.

Thanks for the support and please pray for Cody this week that the radiation shrinks the tumors and he is able to handle the radiation with minimal if not any side effects.  

God Bless,

Cheryl Stout
(Cody's Sister)

1 comments:

Jessica Armstrong Lasa said...

PRAYERS, PRAYERS AND MORE PRAYERS!! Faith, comfort, healing!!!!

Post a Comment

Acoustic Summer Concert Series

Cinnamon Roll Fundraiser

Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser at Lowry High School

Striking Back with Cody Fundraiser at Spare Time Bowl